Friday, April 4, 2008

Bangkok Bangkok (Miami)

Taste: *****
Cost: $

This is my family's place. By default we automatically start heading here thanks to the incredible food. Compared to other Thai places I've been to, this one is heads and shoulders above the rest. A more careful attention and gourmet palate is executed here. The flavors are bold and in abundance and the food presentation is top notch compared to most. I have to start out with the Satay skewers. They're perfectly done with a cook it yourself mini grill, but the real star is their peanut sauce. In fact it took me a good part of an entire weekend to finally break it down so I can replicate it at home. My family loves the squid salad to start and the chicken wings are also very well done. The main courses are where this place shines. I cannot pick a favorite, and we've eaten almost every single item. If I had to choose it would be the "Name that Tune" which is sliced tenderloin marinated in 2 different sauces, one sweet and savory, and the other tangy and savory and its served to you flambe'. The "3 musketeers" is another favorite beef dish, which is pretty much like a whole serving of the tangy side of the 3 musketeers. The "London Bridge Ribs" are tender babybacks, served with a tangy tamarind dipping sauce; its extremely well executed. The roasted duck is also another staple, as is the tiger prawns. I could go on forever listing dishes but they're all very good. In fact the only flaw with their food would have to be their pad thai. Yes how can I give 4 stars if they messed up Thai's signature dish? Its not horrible, but its just ok. Really the food here is amazing and their consistency has been a major factor to why we've been here almost over 100 times.

12584 N Kendall Dr
Miami, FL 33186

No comments: