Friday, January 23, 2009

Shawarma Mediterranean Grill (Miami)

Taste: ***
Cost: $$

Out here in west kendall, you're hard pressed to find anything remotely Mediterranean with the except of the "gyro" platter at Miami Subs. Tucked away on kendall, Shawarma, was some decent alternative eats if you don't feel like making the trek out east. Its your typical food on a stick, carved off concept. No Tzaki sauce, but the meat is very aromatic, it doesn't really need it, lots of fennel, which is good. The rice pilaf was ok, i mean the rice is definitely hispanic rice, with oil, and they try their best by putting the mini noodles and almond slivers. I like my pilaf more fluffy rather than oily and salty (a first for me, i know). The pita is unimpressive, but for the money and the meat, I'll be coming back when I'm sick of Chipotle and Pei Wei.

11752 SW 88 St
Kendall, FL 33186
305-596-3121

No comments: