Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Basilic - Broward

Taste: ***
Cost: $$

I can't give any Vietnamese food 5 stars bc they don't compare to my moms cooking. So 4 stars is a very very good rating. Basilic is good Vietnamese food, I would give it 3.5 stars if I could. The service was impeccable, and its a very nice upscale presentation of Vietnamese food as most Viet restaurants are dives. I have the Com Thit Nuong (pork chops) which was good, if not a tad on the sweet side. I'd appreciate a bit more char and more saltiness to it. The Crispy Seafood Egg noodles though were great once the rich saice was allowed to soften the noodles a bit. The portions are generous and the place has a very nice ambience. They give shrimp chips to hold you over while you wait for you meal. I consider the viet places on Colonial in Orlando to be 4 stars, and this place falls just a tad short, but I still highly recommend it.

218 Commercial Blvd
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308
(954) 771-5798

No comments: