Thursday, April 3, 2008

Akashi (Miami)

Taste: ****
Cost: $

Hands down, the default place I goto for raw fish in Miami. Its crowded, small, but the price and quality of fish is remarkable. I think by now I've had every roll on the menu... at least 4 times? The fish is fresh and when they have it, make sure to grab some hamachi rolls. The standard rolls (spider, rainbow, volcano, etc...) really shine here. Everything is spot on, in fact I haven't had a single roll I've been disappointed with. Their dynamite roll with the scallops is a great fresh twist to the recipe, and their sashimi platter is always fresh. In fact the surprises you'll get is when its spectacularly excellent and the tuna literally melts in your mouth. They're open late, but expect to wait... its small, and extremely crowded and chaotic, but I probably wouldn't have it any other way.

5830 S Dixie Hwy
Miami, FL 33143

No comments: