Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Rusty Pelican (Miami)

Taste: *
Cost: $$$

The food isn't horrible, but for what you're paying, I'd expect a lot more from a place like this. The view is breathtaking and if you wanted to impress someone BEFORE you ate your meal, this definitely is the place to go. I've had steak, prime rib, and fish here to marginal results. The steak just lacks the tenderness and flavor of a well aged steak as they most likely use select cuts of beef at prime prices. The "prime" rib is anything but prime and I had to actually ask for au jus. If I had paid half as much, and half the drive thru Miami traffic, I wouldn't of complained as much, but for all the hassle you just expect more. It's not terrible, its comparable to something you'd eat at Applebee's... on a lackluster night.

3201 Rickenbacker Cswy
Key Biscayne, FL 33149

No comments: