Thursday, April 3, 2008

Yu Mi (Palm Beach)

Taste: ****
Cost: $$

Update 5/25/09

Went here recently for dinner. The prices have come down and the quality has gone up. All the fish was incredibly fresh and well prepared and our favorite rolls were spot on perfect. Tokyo Love Story roll was especially delicious. The Escola (white tuna) was like butter.

*************************************

4 Years ago I would of given this 4 stars, but in recent years the fish quality hasn't really dropped, but the tightness of the rolls has. Sometimes they fall apart a bit and thats a major no-no for me. The roles are still tasty, but compared to my Akashi back home, this place is over charging. Still a nice place, and so long as the fish is fresh I can't really complain. Their dynamite roll here is good though, in fact its probably my favorite here, that and the crunch roll. I know its blasphemous to enjoy the cooked rolls more, but the raw rolls just aren't constructed well and the crunch roll while fried is still raw anyways.

2800 N Military Trl
West Palm Beach, FL 33409

No comments: