Thursday, April 3, 2008

Memphis BBQ and Blues formerly Tom's Place BBQ (Palm Beach)

Taste: ****
Cost: $

Revised:
They can change the name but not the ribs. This place is still Tom's but with a little something missing. Maybe I'm being nostalgic, but the ribs were a bit smaller in portion. Maybe I'm a bit slighted, bc I had finally filled up the buy 6 get 1 free card and the new management wouldn't honor it. The food is still pretty good, but I miss Tom's. I miss the Anquan Boldin autographed jersey, and the history.

-----------------

From what I hear, Tom's used to be even better than the incarnation I dined at in West Palm. The original location in Boca before they moved up to West Palm I heard was unbelievably amazing. I'm sorry but Tom's BBQ hands down has some of the best BBQ I've ever had. The ribs are tender and their sliced beef is lip smacking. That sauce of theirs, even makes BBQ chicken (which I vehemently hate) taste great. The sides are nothing to write home about and are actually quite bland with exception to their cornbread muffins. Everything is served on a hot plate and I guarantee you will leave there fat and happy. I'm getting hungry, going to head there this weekend in fact... The location is on the border of a sketchy neighborhood, but I just don't go there when the sun is down so theres no problem!

1225 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd
West Palm Beach, FL

No comments: