Monday, April 14, 2008

Texas de Brazil (Miami)

Taste: **
Cost: $$$

I come from a long line of large eaters. My resume' includes 50+ pieces of sushi, a 2 lb burger. 8 slabs of prime rib, 2 large pizzas, 24 hotdogs, 3 racks of ribs, 8 baked potatos, etc... in fact my lineage includes a cousin who once got kicked out of an all you can eat restaurant. Texas de Brazil serves up some tasty brazilian meats ala cart, nonstop. The first few pieces were great and I looked forward into slipping into a meat induced coma. After the 4th piece it hit me. Yes their food is a bit salty but I love salty food (I was the kid who ate bread dipped in soy sauce). Its some kind of special salt they must use that his this incredible cumulative effect. A half hour in my whole family had tapped out but I kept chugging along, although difficultly. I was not full, in fact I could eat more but my tastebuds were on salt overload. I resorted to alternating plates of salad with balsamic vinegar to shock my buds back to normal with limited success. I've had real guacho brazial bbq from my brazilian friends and there i could eat for hours. Alas I finally threw in the towel and must of drank gallons of water in the aftermath. Long story short, yes its tasty, yes you can eat all you want, but can you? From an empirical standpoint, the food was good but the price is better spent on something else in my opinion.

11401 NW 12th St
Miami, FL 33172

No comments: