Thursday, April 3, 2008

Don Ramon's (Palm Beach)

Taste: ****
Cost: $

Another one of the staples for me when I get homesick for Miami (hah, yeah right...). Don Ramons offers up a great menu at a low price. Their portions on some dishes are excellent, while others leave you wanting more. The Lechon Asado is a must have. Do not goto the Wellington location as they prepare this dish differently. The skin is crispy, the pork is succulent before they shred it up with the mini onions that just burst with the lovely mojo flavor. If I get bored with the Lechon (not likely) the Vaca Frita is another show stopper. The meat is boiled with lots of flavor, then fried to a perfect crisp. They really know how to take a crappy piece of meat and make it wonderful. The rice and beans are good, really second to only my dads, and the plantains are great. I haven't really ventured off the menu too much here, but I'd imagine it to taste just as good.

502 S Military Trl
West Palm Beach, FL 33415

No comments: